Please include venue name, civic address, and postal code.
All of the above services REQUIRE TWO WEEKS NOTICE PRIOR TO THE EVENT DATE. For MSERT , please note that taxi reimbursement will be requested after the event. You should hear back from MSERT and Walksafe within 2 business days. For Drivesafe, Drivesafe representative will reach out to you within 5 business days.
- I understand that if the event is outside of the downtown McGill campus, M-SERT responders will require transport in the form of a driver or paid taxi.
- I understand that we, the event organizers, are responsible for the transportation costs of MSERT responders from the McGill downtown campus. On average, the cost that is associated with MSERT travel to an event venue outside of the McGill downtown campus is $20.00-$25.00.
- I understand that if we, the event organizers, request MSERT responders to be present at an event later than 12am, then we are also responsible for covering any fees associated with their transport to their homes. This is ONLY in the case that the responder's travel home usually requires the use of the Montreal metro. On average, the cost associated with MSERT responders travel home after staying at an event past 12am (on the McGill downtown campus) is $20.00.
- I understand that if the event contact(s) is/are not present within 30 minutes of responders’ arrival, MSERT responders may leave the event at their own discretion.
- I understand that if MSERT responders are requested more than 30 minutes before the start of an event, then the responders have the right to leave the event at their own discretion.
- I agree to ensure that the event coordinators are available to help MSERT when necessary. This includes supplying MSERT with a table, 3-4 chairs, a garbage bin, and shelter (in the form of a tent, canopy, or similar structure) if the event is outdoors. If the event organizers do not provide a suitable space, such as proper shelter for inclement weather, for MSERT responders and patients, the MSERT responders have the right to leave the event at their own discretion.
- I understand that DriveSafe volunteers has the authority to reject any passengers, within reason, even if MSERT advises that they board a DriveSafe vehicle.
- I understand that DriveSafe does not tolerate any verbal abuse towards DriveSafe volunteers or pressure to take rejected passengers. If these conditions persist, DriveSafe volunteers retain full authority to leave the event at their own discretion.
- I understand that additional provisions and conditions are available in the DriveSafe agreement, which will be made available within 5 business days.
- I understand that Walksafe volunteers have the authority to reject any client, within reason.
- I understand that Walksafe does not tolerate any verbal abuse towards Walksafe volunteers. Walksafe volunteers reserve the right to leave the event at their own discretion if conditions are unfavourable.
- I understand that Walksafe begins operating at 9 PM, and therefore Walksafe volunteers will be dispatched at this time to head over to the event location.
- I understand that the exact time at which Walksafe volunteers will arrive will depend on the distance from the Walksafe office.
- I understand that Walksafe volunteers require a designated location near the entrance of the event that is easily accessible to the attendants participating.
- I understand that Walksafe volunteers will make rounds every 30 minutes.
- I understand that it is the responsibility of the event organizers to inform event security, all event organizers, and participants of Walksafe’s presence.
- I understand that there may be a Walksafe shift change during the event.